Friday, October 9, 2015

Christmas time is here

Hello all and welcome

Even though Christmas isn't really here yet, it is right around the corner! I got started on my Christmas card collection with the Home for Christmas DSP and the Cozy Christmas stamp set. Here are some of my creations:

This first one was inspired by the SU-per challenge of this week: a sketch!

This card has a Real Red base, standard size, then the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper cut at 10.5cm x 13.9 cm. This way I got something more similar to the sketch. I used my Mossy Meadow to stamp "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" on Very Vanilla cardstock and punched it out with a 2" circle punch. I also cut a strip of Mossy Meadow cardstock to make the embellishment behind the circle. Then I cut some slots and added a bit of ribbon in the top right corner. (It's supposed to be a bow)

Next I made a card inspired by the A/W catalogue p8.

 I stamped the santa and reindeer on the base of the card in Cherry Cobbler, then added the DSP which I cut at 14.4cm x 8 cm. I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla (in Cherry Cobbler) and added some of the Home for Christmas Enamel dots

Then I wanted to make a card that would fit in one of those long envelopes. So I measured it and decided my card would have to be 10.5 x 21 to fit inside. 

So I cut my Real Red into 21cm x 21cm and scored at 10.5cm. I then cut some Mossy Meadow Cardstock at 20.5 x 10, and the DSP at 20 x 9.5. I cut out the middle of the Mossy Meadow to use later. I tied the ribbon around the DSP and stuck it down. Then I stamped the sentiment twice, once in Mossy Meadow and another in Cherry Cobbler. I cut them out at 5.5 and 5cm. I cut out the "season" from the red one and stuck it over the green one. Then I cut more Mossy Meadow at 6x5.5 and Real Red at 6.5 x 5cm. I added some Iced Rhinestones as embellishment under the sentiment.

Now, those are the "warm" cards. With your typical Christmas colours of Red, Green and Gold. In this post I wanted to show the versatility of this DSP in combination with the stamp set, however, so next I made these cards:


As you can see they're slightly more minimalistic and a lot less "busy" in terms of colour schemes.

So, the gold one:

I started with some Kraft paper, cut at 14.9 x 10.5 (half an a4). I cut some Very Vanilla at 14.4 x 10 and the DSP at 13.9 x 9.5. I tied the string around the DSP twice and folded it into a double bow. I then stamped the sentiment onto the Very vanilla piece with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I then cut it out with my cuttlebug and oval dies. I cut the scalloped oval out of a piece of scrap kraft paper. Then I adhered everything to the card.

The blue card:
This time I used Pool Party as a base (standard size). I cut out some Whisper White at 14.4 x 10 and embossed with my cuttlebug. I cut out more Pool Party cardstock at 7x13, 9.5 x 7.5 and 7x1.2. I cut out more Whisper White at 9x7 and stamped it with the house and Santa Sleigh in Memento Ink. I then stamped some versamark on the bottom and added my iridescent powder to get the snowy effect on the floor. I did the same with the trees and the house (glue pen). I then used the snowflake stamp from Perpetual Birthday Calendar and also stamped that with versamark and again heat embossed with iridescent powder. On some scrap Whisper White I stamped the sentiment and cut it out. I added some Pool Party candy dots and stuck it down with stampin' Dimensionals.

I hope this has been inspiring :) and see you next time!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Cards! You can never be to prepared for Christmas! Thank you for playing along at SU-per Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at SU-per challenges. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuke kaart heb je gemaakt! Bedankt voor je bijdrage aan SU-per Challenges! Lieve groetjes Erna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je bent druk bezig geweest Marcia, leuk !! Bedankt voor het meedoen met SU-per !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leuk gedaan Marcia. Dank je wel voor het mee doen aan de super Challenge. groetjes Jolan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zooo wat een productie! Leuk dat je meedeed aan de SU-per Challenges!

    ReplyDelete