Sunday, September 28, 2014

Christmas cards!

Hello all and welcome. I must say, I love Christmas time. I don't know what it is about this crazy season that I love, but I guess just being with family and snuggling up close to a fire and eating great food just puts me right in a good space. Last year I did all my Christmas cards myself, going with a few different designs I could easily duplicate. Here's what I ended up with.

This idea came from a card-making magazine. I did not actually replicate this one as it took way too much work for just the one card. But I was pretty happy with it. The sentiments and snow flakes are by Joy design and then rest I'm not sure. I got the design paper for free and the christmas tree punch in a box of crafting stuff passed down from someone and the embossing folder is one of those el-cheapo things (though I used it all the time and love it).
 This is a Hobby Idee embossing folder. There's not much else to it, just some glitter and some pearls, a Merry Christmas sentiment stamp and some gold ribbon. I loved the simplicity of it.
 This one was a bit more complicated. I took a white piece of cardstock and coloured it with Tim Holtz Distress ink Forest Moss, Old Paper and Vintage Photo (very little) and coloured it with those three. Then I took the Old Paper and stamped the swirls you can only vaguely see on this photo. The corners are nellie Snellen's shape die SD020 and then circle is MD CR1239. The stamp I got for free and it seems to be an unnamed brand.
 This was an experiment with that awful blue paper, but it turned out all right. Basically it's only Joy design stamps and dies with a silver ink and some Stickles. 6002/2018+19+21 and 6410/0104 for the stamps. 
 This one is also lovely in it's simplicity, in my opinion. This is the MD LR0284 (the village) and the Nellie Snellen Multi Frame MFD007. I went over the lines of that NS die with a Sakura gel pen and also did the snow that way. I'm not sure where the snowflake is from and the moon is just a circle die.
This is MD CR1237 (tea cup) and the mittens are MD CR1255 (mittens) and some layered Christmas design paper by Joy, plus sentiment by Joy.

Hope you enjoyed! Check ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment